Ducks and Flowers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Jack frost and Jill frost came to NE



A few days ago we awoke in Nebraska to the handiwork of Jack and Jill Frost! I don't think I need to write very much as there are no words to describe this breath taking view that awaited us that morning! Enjoy and come to NE as we have mountains of snow but great seasons and surprises each day.. miracles!

Oh yes today I drove by the road that goes to the Regional Airport here and there are still HUGE mounds of snow, on each side of the road -- even after having forty degree temps for several days now! I am sure we would have had trouble meeting a plane Christmas Day like we had planned!

Parking lots and streets are filled with icey mush, slush, rivers of water by sidewalks, puddles everywhere in parking lots and new POT holes have appeared with lots of surprises driving!

Also my car really needs a BIG WASH in the morning but I hate to get it washed too soon with all the large puddles and lakes on roads everywhere; what is a person to do? It is too cold to wash your own car but cars have salty stuff ALL OVER them everwhere and I do mean all over!

We are to have a high of FIFTY DEGREES tomorrow and we had lows of below zero a week ago! What extremes in Nebraska as far as weather and other things. Only in Nebraska could this happen. In N Dakota they are not having thaws like this I am certain (after growing up there fifty years ago) and they had thirty two below last week as the actual temp! As I RECALL, it just piled all winter with a gigantic melt in the spring with lots of flooding on rivers.

Enjoy the frosty pic and we can see what surprises await us tomorrow morning! I heard a large group of geese flying over today looking for open water. So far we have no open water on the lake as you see and it is a very quiet January compared to others at the lake.

Usually the geese are talking all night most years by now on January 15! The snow makes it very quiet too and lots of snow still covers houses, roofs and has taken down some at the farm (or it is trying to) is on many houses yet. I see snow in the forecast again next week too!

Happy frosting! The Fiber Celebration is Sunday at church so I will tell you more about it next time maybe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home